Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Other Woman in My Life

Don't let the title let your imagination wild ok!, I'm quite an honorable man:-). I'm being constantly told by my wife and that THE woman in my life is my music. Not even remotely! true, but I can't really argue with her can I? So, the 'other woman' here would be my wife. As I write this, she's sleeping peacefully curled up by my side. Poor thing hasn't been feeling well for the past few days. We started watching a movie but then she felt tired and went to sleep. I am just catching up on my e-mails and writing this. At first, I had thought of reviewing Accept's Restless and Wild in the UNSUNG CLASSICS category, but I can't help looking at this sweet face beside me, and it's a big distraction for my usually "metal" mind,lol.

Our first meeting was not very pleasant! In fact, I'm constantly being bugged that I had actually snubbed her. This is so so far from the truth. It was the third or fourth day of our MBA, and I barely knew her. We were in a cyber-cafe and she must have waved at me, which I missed!(honestly!!!) and well, she thought I was a snotty arrogant prick. Come to think of it, I somehow, manage to give the same first impression to a lot of people...dunno why?

Days passed by, and I started hearing about her from my hostel-mates. Apparently she liked to have conversations about me, but what was disturbing was that she was always criticising me for something or the other...he he. I didn't do anything to make peace either, I mean why should I? lol...very immature I know. Anyway, a few months passed, and we had come to a point where we couldn't even look eye to eye. It was becoming increasingly awkward for our common friends too. Amidst all this though, there was something, I couldn't put a finger on it, but there was some chemistry. I know it sounds crazy, but there really was. Typically rational people would say how can there be any chemistry without any conversation and blah blah blah. But to me, chemistry is something which doesn't really need words, it's something magnetic, something about the aura/field that governs us. Time and time again, I could see a hint of a blush when our eyes met, and though I really wanted to detest her, I dunno for what reason I was starting to crave for her company. First love hormones I tell ya...he he.

This went on for quite sometime. When I couldn't resist any longer, I finally asked her out. She accepted, and you know what was my first gift to her...a tube of Fair n'Lovely....darn my stupid mind!! I was so bloody confused and jittery that I just couldn't think like a sane man. Anyway...she seemed to have liked the gift:-). She's very forgiving I tell you. During our dating period, we did have a lot of not-so-good times too, courtesy a few scheming batchmates and one scumbag Economics professor. But I'm not gonna bore you with all of that.

After MBA we spent 4 years away from each other!!! She had joined CAPART in Kolkata and I had gone to London for further studies. She stuck with me during all those years, never growing impatient. Here,I must give myself a little credit too:). We had heard of long distance relationships not working, and people growing out of love etc etc. How the hell can you grow out of love??? I'm not judging here, but I don't understand this twisted concept of love. Anyway...I'm not gonna start on that here. The point is, she is with me now, lying beside me, looking serene and sick;)lol. If I had believed in what people told me, if I had let myself be overwhelmed by the distance and the pain of being alone those 4 years, if I had given in to some stupid primal instincts, I wouldn't have had what I have now and will continue to have for the rest of my days. I think you know what that is:)

5 comments:

storyteller said...

i loved reading this!!....i never imagined that i wud eventually marry this guy who was such a big snob (apparently)!!!n arrogant as well ...but maybe somewhere deep down i knew he was made for me n i for him.i love u

Unknown said...

love you too baby:)

Sukhaloka said...

awwww!!!!

Similar case between the boyfriend and me, actually. Although not so simple and involving a lot of pain, heartbreak and confusion before we finally got together.
Realising that you guys made it through 4 years of separation gives me heart - I want to go abroad for a PhD, while he will probably stay in the country.
I hope we make it through as stably as you guys have. :)

Unknown said...

I'll pray for you from the bottom of my heart. Love is too good a thing to let go for short-term happiness; never ever compromise. Cheerio:)

the mad momma said...

waah waah senti. bahut shai. ek kas ke jhapad bhi maar deti to achcha hota. as to why you come across as a snob.. dont get me started.. :) honestly though.. to know you is to love you sunny boy.