Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Make love.... not war

Why can't all the Gujjars & Meenas, Shias & Sunnis, Catholics & Protestants,Hindu/Muslims, Muslims/Christians, Akal Takht etc etc, white/black/brown/aryans/dravidians blah blah blah simply live like these cute little creatures???? The Rajasthanis are fighting among themselves these days..in Maharashtra, people have come to the streets coz they don't want people from Bihar and U.P. in the state government jobs...what the ****!!! Is this a free country or not?? Do we have freedom of movement or not? Or are we back in Emergency days?? Why don't you bloody ****off and form a new country...huh!! Stupid regionalistic pricks...and that goes for you too Ms. Dikshit...by the way..where are you from??


A few days ago we were visiting some relatives of ours. An uncle of mine who works for the Public Service Commission(revenue deptt.) was also there. He has recently been transferred to Chennai, and the things we heard from him and his family were just outrageous!! Being ignored by the Tamil janta at office was understandable to us...they tend to do it...but what really shocked us was what the children told us. My uncle's son, who's about 12 years old said that in school, the children(all the Tamilians) addressed him as the 'White Pig', they did the same with other North Indian children too. Is this what parents teach their Children in Tamil Nadu or the whole of South India for that matter??? Utterly shameful!!! Do they not understand any other culture..any other view? Why can't they live in a multi-cultural/multi-dimensional society? I'm sure these people don't know what working together means..what harmony means.


I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this, but U.P., Bihar, M.P. and to some extent West Bengal are where real India lies. We take everyone and everybody with open arms, heck U.P. and M.P. are the only states where the concept of domicile in college/university admissions is not present. Every other state does this!!!! U.P. gives the highest percentage of civil servants every year(Bihar has also done the same for a long time).. the people who ACTUALLY work for you(the people of India)...not jackasses who run to the US..Canada or any friggin oil rich country at the drop of a hat. But still!!! you'll look down upon U.P, M.P...Bihar and the people. I know this has turned into more of a hate piece than a write-up, and at some point in time, I'll most probably regret writing this but I just can't help myself. You'll go wherever you want, do whatever you want but you're not willing to welcome people in your own home, people who are actually your own countrymen, your brothers and sisters...I mean what nonsense is this. I'll stop now...I might have stepped on a few toes already and I don't wanna step on more. Know that, this is nothing personal against individuals...it's just my viewpoint on the state of things in India. I know every state has it's merits and demerits..U.P. and Bihar do account for the Lion's share of crime too..I know that..but that's another story isn't it? I was just trying to put some perspective into this never-ending epidemic of regionalism that our country has been blessed!!!?? with.

P.S.: All hate mails are welcome at sunny_slash@yahoo.com, you'll get a reply too. Hate comments on the blog WILL be deleted

Picture Courtesy: Let's Be Friends


4 comments:

the mad momma said...

n one commented yet!? let me remedy that by linkin git up to my post... :P and all this considering you have a half tam sister!

Unknown said...

Yeah..I guess that's coz I was so clear about hate comments being deleted, and let's face it...this piece doesn't exactly evoke feelings of pleasure:). To clarify my point: this was for many states in our country..not just Tamil Nadu...Tamil Nadu was mentioned more coz of the recent experiences and things some people told me. And half tam or not, you're my sister...so ur not very likely to be one of those idiots I was talking about in my post..right:)and uncle Ivan is one of the sweetest and genuineST!! men I have ever known..so that's another added advantage you've had in your upbringing. Which post did you link it to BTW?

Sukhaloka said...

Now that's a really sensitive, forthright post I'm very very happy to see on blogspot. :)

Being an ex-Delhiite and now Kolkata-vaasi, I haven't really come up against much regionalism so can't comment on the issue. But it's very true that regional prejudices are, to some extent or another, part and parcel of our lives. And you make me think, again, about how right it is to be so.

Unknown said...

If it makes even a single person think, then my job is done:).Thx again for the encouraging words.